You don’t need a lot of space in most bathrooms. Just enough room for a sink, toilet and shower, plus a little space to move around should suffice. However, you may want your bathroom to look bigger so it doesn’t seem as restrictive. Many people avoid bathroom remodels for fear of high costs, but there are many affordable alternatives. Read on for plenty of great ideas when it comes to making one’s bathroom look bigger:
- Paint your bathroom a new color: You can give your bathroom a whole new look while making it look bigger by utilizing the right paint. While it’s important to choose a color you won’t mind looking at for years to come, blues, greens and grays usually work best when it comes to creating the illusion of more space. Popular colors for bathrooms include soft gray, light blue, light green and cerulean blue. It’s best to avoid yellows and oranges, as these often have the opposite effect.
- Utilize your bathroom mirrors: Bathroom mirrors can be great assets in making your bathroom look bigger. Installing mirrors on your bathroom door panels will help reflect light and create dimension. Mirrors are extremely affordable, easy to find and easy to install. Many companies even offer custom mirrors for fair prices.
- Allow in natural light: Letting in plenty of natural light has many benefits. It helps save on electricity and can make your bathroom look much bigger. Natural light is especially beneficial at making a space look bigger when coupled with one of the paint colors mentioned above. You can easily increase the natural light during your bathroom remodel by investing in larger windows.
- Go for a clear glass shower: A clear glass shower eliminates the illusion of an additional wall that shower curtains create. Not only that, but glass showers offer an elegant look and are much easier to clean. They also come in many different sizes and designs, making it easy to find the perfect one for your home.
- Rethink storage options: Baskets and protruding linen cabinets can both take up a lot of space in a bathroom. If you’re looking for storage options that take up minimal space, consider having a cabinet built into the wall. Shelves are a great option for storing smaller bathroom objects like toothbrushes, combs, hairdryers and more. They are also quite inexpensive and easy to install.
- Update the tile: For the most part, smaller tiles will give the illusion of more space. If your bathroom has large tiles, consider getting an update. There are many options when it comes to smaller tiles. Just be sure to choose one that goes with the rest of your bathroom décor. Additionally, it’s usually best to go with simple tile designs as opposed to complex ones.
Even the smallest remodels can take time that a lot of people don’t have. If you’re looking for fair prices on top-quality home and bathroom remodels, contact the experts at Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. today. We’re pleased to offer free quotes in addition to our wide range of remodeling and design services.
Categorised in: Bathroom Renovation