Renovations That Increase Your Home Value
August 19, 2021
There are certain home renovations that might bring you a lot of pleasure—but they won’t increase your home’s value when it’s time to sell. That might be fine if you plan to live in the same house forever, but what should you do if you want to increase your value and enjoy more space?
Here are some of the most popular home renovations that will boost your property value. Which ones will you choose?
- Finish your basement or attic: If your basement or attic are languishing in the dark, why not get some more use out of them? Whether you want to use them as an extra bedroom, home office, media room or playroom, adding more livable space to your house is the key to increasing its value.
- Revamp the kitchen: The kitchen is often called the heart of the home—and if your kitchen is too tiny for party guests to enjoy that heart, it’s time for a renovation. Updating your kitchen with new appliances, cabinetry, a kitchen island and other useful design options can drastically change how much time you spend in the kitchen, in a good way.
- Add a home office: If nothing else, the COVID-19 pandemic has taught us that open floor plans have their drawbacks, especially when it comes to getting work done. Adding a new home office to your house will increase its value, especially since we’ll continue to see more people working or attending school remotely in the future.
- Add or update your bathrooms: Is your bathroom a place to do your business, or is it a little oasis in your home? If your bathroom looks more utilitarian than inviting, adding a new bathroom or updating your existing ones can make a huge difference. Now is the time to add your freestanding bathtub, glass-walled shower and the other indulgences that will make your bathroom experience more relaxing.
- Build a backyard deck: Like finished basements and attics, backyard decks add more livable space to your home—which means a higher value overall. Building a backyard deck is a convenient way to enjoy al fresco dining, adds a safe place for the kids to play and makes a great spot for home entertaining.
- New doors and windows: You’d be surprised at how adding new doors and windows can change your home’s design. It also offers a great ROI, since new front doors, garage doors and windows are better insulated for energy savings. You’ll love the new curb appeal and better natural light.
- Aging-in-place design: Finally, consider making some aging-in-place changes when you’re renovating. If you plan to stay in your home well into your old age, making it more accessible will enhance your enjoyment—and your property’s overall value.
When you’re ready to start your own home renovations, whether to boost your property value or just to get more enjoyment out of your home, call Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. today to get started. We’ll help you choose the best remodeling ideas you’ll love for maximum home value.
Categorised in: Home Renovations