If you’re thinking about buying a new home, have you considered having a new one built instead of trying to find an existing home that feels like a good fit? Here are some of the pros and cons of building a home vs. buying an existing one in Litchfield County, CT.
Pros of building a new home
There are many advantages to building a new home, including:
- Custom design: When looking for a new home, no matter how much you may love a place, there is always some kind of compromise involved. Maybe it’s not exactly the size you wanted, or maybe the appliances aren’t in your preferred place. When building a home from the foundation up, you have the chance to make just about everything exactly how you imagine the home of your dreams to be.
- Everything’s new: With building a new home comes installing all new appliances. That means everything from the dishwasher to the garage door opener will be brand new, giving you the maximum amount of life for each appliance.
- No competing offers: When shopping for a new home, there’s always the worry that your offer may not be accepted or that you may be outbid. That uncertainty is removed when you build a new home because it’s already yours—nobody can swoop in and outbid you!
- No renovations needed: One of the best things about building a new home is that it’s all brand-new. That means you won’t have to fix anything that a previous owner or tenant may have done to damage the home. It also means that each room is already customized to your specifications, so there’s no need to think about a remodel or renovations.
Cons of building a new home
While building a new home can lead to getting everything you wanted, there are also some potential drawbacks to consider:
- Takes longer: Building a new home takes more time than buying an existing home and moving in—and time may not be a luxury you have. Add to this that there can sometimes be construction delays due to weather, material supply issues or other unforeseen events.
- Cost uncertainties: The cost of building a new home is often an estimate, and no matter how refined that estimate may be, there may still be unforeseen factors in construction that can raise costs. This is something to factor into your budget when planning home construction.
- More decisions: While it can be wonderful to be able to design the home of your dreams, it also means there are more decisions to be made. This can be overwhelming, so it’s best to do a lot of pre-planning with your builder before construction begins.
The experts at Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. work hard to create trust with clients to create the home of their dreams. When you’re ready to learn more about the pros and cons of building a home vs. buying an existing one in Litchfield County, CT, contact us to get started.
Categorised in: Custom Home Builders