Are you starting to outgrow your home, but the thought of moving is unappealing? You wouldn’t be the first homeowner to need more space in a home they love. When you want to stay in your existing home but need the flexibility of more space, building a home addition in Litchfield County, CT can be a great alternative to moving.
Here are the major benefits of adding more space to your home:
- There’s more space: Obviously, the biggest benefit of your new home addition is having more space. As children get older and retirement approaches, you will probably find yourself wanting more privacy and space in your home. It’s not just about adding large rooms, though—even more practical additions like opening up your kitchen or bathroom can make your home feel brand-new, and increase the usable space.
- Add value to your home: When you increase the square footage of your home, you’re likely going to add value—although while that’s often true, it isn’t a hard and fast rule. You should always consult with your home addition contractor to make sure your addition is a marketable and wise one.
- It’s often cheaper than moving: Buying, selling and moving homes is a hassle, especially if you weren’t sold on leaving the home you’re in anyway. Adding space onto your home is a cheaper (and occasionally faster) solution than finding a brand-new house that meets your family’s needs.
- Add modern amenities: Want to take your home’s amenities to the next level? A home addition in Litchfield County, CT is a great opportunity to spring for those luxury features you’ve always wanted, whether it’s a walk-in closet, a giant master bathroom, a peaceful sunroom or your very own library.
- Move more family members in: As our family members age, many of us decide to take in the elderly so that we can keep a closer eye on them. Having a home addition can give you the opportunity to keep Mom and Dad close, while still affording them the privacy and independence they appreciate. Additions could range from a single room and bathroom to a separate “in-law” suite or building.
- The potential for rental income: With the popularity of Airbnb, many homeowners are renting out their spare rooms to travelers for extra income. If you’ve dreamed of running a bed and breakfast but aren’t ready to comment to the full innkeeper lifestyle, you might find that this option is enjoyable—and helps your addition pay for itself.
Home additions in Litchfield County, CT
Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. has been serving the Litchfield County area since 1984. When you’re ready to add value to your home and build a home addition, reach out to the experts. Our team will take your individual needs, budget and existing home structure into account to create the perfect new space for your family. We perform everything from single room renovations and additions to whole-home remodels. Call us today to get started making your dream home a reality.
Categorised in: Home Additions