If you’re in the process of planning a kitchen remodel and are looking for a high-quality countertop with little in the way of maintenance requirements, it’s important for you to do some research into the most common countertop options. This goes beyond just finding easy-clean countertops in Litchfield County, CT—there are some types of materials that require greater levels of maintenance than you might be willing to perform, such as ongoing sealing.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the best examples of low-maintenance countertop surface options:
- Laminate: Laminate remains one of the most popular countertop materials in the United States, both for its low maintenance requirements and its cost effectiveness. It comes in a wide range of colors and patterns, and has a non-porous, easy-to-clean surface. You’ll never need to worry about refinishing or sealing the surface, and because it’s a more affordable option, you can replace it relatively cheaply when the time comes to do so.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is extremely low maintenance, which is why it’s so commonly used for many other types of kitchen appliances and fixtures. You’ll never need to stain or refinish the surface, and it’s extremely easy to clean with mild soap. These countertops are ideal for both kitchen and bathroom spaces because they are highly stain resistant, are heat resistant (capable of standing up to hot pots or hair tools) and do not have pores that allow water in.
- Quartz: Quartz is extremely attractive and also highly durable, and it is quickly becoming one of the more popular luxury materials for countertops in American kitchen remodels. It has the appearance and durability of marble and granite, but lacks many of the weaknesses found in those options. It will not stain, and it does not have pores, which makes it extremely easy to keep clean and in good condition. You can expect it to last you many years after its initial installation.
- Recycled glass: Recycled glass is relatively new as far as countertop options go. It’s a material made out of crushed glass that gets placed in a clear resin. It has a smooth, nonporous surface that makes for quick and easy cleaning. It’s also a very attractive option that is resistant to staining and heat, and will not need to be sealed.
- Solid surfaces: Certain types of solid surfaces, like soapstone and Corian, are easy to clean with soap and water and resistant to staining. Those that have epoxy or acrylic resin surfaces are also impact and heat resistant, and if lightly scratched, you can easily sand out the scratch to restore the appearance.
Interested in learning more about easy-clean countertop material options in Litchfield County, CT and their benefits? We encourage you to contact the custom home builders at Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. with any questions you have about the various options available for countertop materials. We’d be happy to provide you with further information. We look forward to helping you create the kitchen of your dreams!
Categorised in: Kitchens