Budget-Friendly Remodeling Ideas for Your New Bathroom
A full bathroom remodel can cost you a whole lot of money, especially if you plan on moving around any plumbing or electrical infrastructure or adding any luxury amenities. However, you don’t have to spend upwards of $20,000 to make a big difference in your bathroom. There are plenty of budget-friendly remodeling tasks you can take on that will help you transform the look, feel and functionality of your space.
Here are just a few examples of some bathroom design steps you can implement in your Litchfield County, CT home that will not take a massive chunk out of your bank account:
- Paint: You’d be amazed at the difference a fresh coat of paint can make in any room in your home, but especially in the bathroom. Simply repainting can give your bathroom an entirely new look and atmosphere. Just make sure you go slowly and do the job right so you can work around the tub, shower, sink, mirrors, toilet and more.
- Fixtures: Swapping out light fixtures, faucets and towel racks is a simple task that can make a big difference. Lighting changes especially can transform the appearance of your bathroom. Consider the kind of lighting you want in your bathroom (incandescent vs. LED, for example) and the style you’re going for with your design.
- Cut down on tile usage: Tile can get expensive in a hurry, especially if you’re working with a professional who will do the tile work for you. To limit expenses associated with tile, you should consider limiting the amount of tile you use. Rather than tiling everything, focus on where it’s most likely to be needed, or find ways to create visually appealing tile arrangements without having to take up a whole wall.
- Fix your grout and caulk: The grout and caulk in your bathroom are probably frequently overlooked. If you’re able to clean up the existing grout and caulk and add new material where needed, this can really freshen up the appearance of your bathroom. This material hardly costs anything at all, so the power of the dollars you spend on that project can be amplified when it’s finished.
- Recycle: Instead of purchasing everything new, you might consider refinishing some of the existing fixtures you have (such as bathtubs or showers) or finding used equipment you can fix up and install for a fraction of the cost. Many vintage items are made from extremely high-quality materials that will last you forever and are capable of being refinished and reused. You can find used items on sites like Craigslist or eBay, or head to ReStores and other similar retail locations.
- Eco-friendly solutions: While updating your bathroom, you might consider adding green features like low-flow shower heads, faucets and toilets, as well as LED lighting and recycled materials. While some of these features might cost you more money up front, they will save you money over time on your water and utility bills.
For more budget-friendly tips for bathroom design in Litchfield County, CT, contact Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Bathroom Renovation