The Biggest Benefits of Renovating Your Bathroom
One of the most popular remodeling projects taken on by American homeowners is bathroom renovations. Outdated bathrooms can not only be a real downer for you as a homeowner, but they could also be a deterrent for potential buyers if you plan to put your home on the market.
Whether you are interested in potentially selling your home or simply want to upgrade your bathroom for your own sake, there are plenty of benefits associated with bathroom renovation in Litchfield County, CT. Here are just a few examples of some of these benefits:
- Increased home value: If you’re interested in selling your home soon, a bathroom remodel is one of the best steps you can take to increase its value, and thus your potential asking price. Even a minor bathroom remodel can give you more than 100 percent return on investment at resale. For these purposes, a “minor” remodel would be considered replacing the tub, tile surround, floor, vanity, sink, fixtures and toilet and adding some new paint.
- A more pleasant space: Another one of the best reasons to remodel your bathroom is to give yourself a space you actually enjoy using. We spend a lot of time in the bathroom each morning getting ourselves ready to greet the day in front of us. Why not make your daily rituals a time for peace and relaxation rather than a time of stress caused by an outdated or dysfunctional room? Design your bathroom in a way that transforms it into a happy place, and give yourself some features and amenities that will really help you feel at home.
- Environmentally friendly amenities: Today’s homes are designed to be more environmentally friendly than ever before, and by remodeling a room like a bathroom, you have the opportunity to bring some green, sustainable features into a home that’s been standing for years. You can reclaim and repurpose old fixtures or amenities, focus on using energy-efficient or biodegradable features or install low-flow showerheads, faucets and toilets to make more efficient use of water in your bathroom.
- Increase storage capacity: There is a wide variety of smart storage designs that are used in today’s bathrooms that can help you drastically cut down on clutter and increase your storage space, even in spaces that are otherwise quite compact. You’ll be amazed at how much of a relief it can be to get all those items off your vanities and surfaces and into sensible storage locations.
- Immediate savings potential: When you remodel your bathroom, there is the potential for some immediate savings in addition to the increased home value. If you replace leaky fixtures, for example, this will cut down on your water bills. Adding energy-efficient lighting or water-efficient toilets will also give you some instant savings.
For more information about the biggest benefits associated with bathroom renovation in Litchfield County, CT, we encourage you to contact our team of professionals at Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. today. We look forward to answering your questions and discussing your ideas!
Categorised in: Bathroom Renovation