When you think of landscaping projects, images of summer sunshine and spring flowers probably come to mind. While the spring and summer are undoubtedly the most popular seasons for landscaping, the work doesn’t have to start and end there!
Landscapers work year-round to ensure homeowners have great looking properties regardless of the season. Continue reading to learn more about how winter landscaping in Litchfield County, CT can beautify your property, even on the dreariest and coldest of days:
- Plant evergreens: If you’re not a fan of a stark-looking yard that’s full of bare trees in the winter, then consider planting some evergreens! Since these trees don’t lose their needles, your yard will be as lush as can be throughout the year. Talk to your landscaper about which evergreens might be best for your yard and property.
- Include berries: Holly bushes and crabapple trees are among the plants and shrubs that hold onto their fruit throughout the winter. Not only do these plants add a pop of color to your lawn, but they also attract birds, which is a pleasant sight on those dreary winter afternoons.
- Think about hardscaping: Beautifying your property isn’t just about planting the right trees and shrubs. You’ve also got to include some hardscaping! Anything from a simple stone walkway to a new patio with a fire pit can add value to your property while creating a focal point for your lawn.
- Fill summertime containers: Don’t let those planters or window baskets go to waste just because your summertime flowers are dormant. Plant tiny evergreens or holly to enhance the overall appearance of your home and lawn.
- Purchase perennials: The next time you’re at the nursery buying plants and flowers, check the tag to see if the plant will have foliage in the winter. Investing in some perennials will ensure your lawn doesn’t look bare each winter.
Why hire a pro for your landscaping?
While it’s true that you could do some winter landscaping in Litchfield County, CT by yourself, we don’t recommend it! Here are a few reasons why hiring a professional to take care of your landscaping—especially in the winter—is a good idea:
- Professional results: More often than not, hiring a pro to tackle a project yields better results than attempting it on your own. This certainly holds true for landscaping—a trained landscaper will deliver a better looking lawn than anything you could do by yourself.
- Boost your property value: Hiring a landscaper isn’t always the cheapest option, but it pays for itself in the long run. Your property value will shoot up after hiring a professional to design your lawn.
- Save time and energy: It’s nice to get outside and work in the yard now and then, but it’s not how most folks want to spend their downtime. Instead of breaking your back doing yard work, hire a pro to take care of it for you.
Make all of your landscaping dreams come true by hiring our team at Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. In addition to home remodeling projects, we specialize in landscape design that will make all of your neighbors jealous. Call us today to get started with planning for winter landscaping in Litchfield County, CT.
Categorised in: Landscaping