10 Ways to Add on to Your Home
October 5, 2019
Whether the issue stems from small square footage, a poor layout or a lack of storage space, homes aren’t always built to accommodate a growing family. An investment in home improvement in Litchfield County, CT to increase your living space can ensure your home works for you! Continue reading to get a few ideas for your next remodeling or home addition project:
- Add a second story: Expanding your interior living space is hard if your home doesn’t sit on an especially large plot of land. If that’s the case, you may be able to expand vertically instead of horizontally. Adding a second story can be costly, but it also greatly improves your square footage and adds a ton of value to your home.
- Consider a modular home addition: If you have your heart set on expanding but don’t have the budget to do so, talk to your contractor about a modular home addition. These pre-fabricated rooms can be added almost anywhere on your home, and cost up to 20 percent less than a standard remodel.
- Put a room over your garage: Whether your garage is detached or attached, adding a room on top of it is a fantastic way to expand your living space. New rooms on top of your garage can be used as guest space or as game rooms for the kids.
- Finish your basement: If your basement currently consists of drywall and concrete floors, it’s time to upgrade! Finished basements can be used for anything from a movie/entertainment room to an extra bedroom.
- Finish your attic: If your basement is already finished, go ahead and tackle the attic! As long as safety requirements are met, attics can be used for practically anything. Experts say that finishing an attic can recover up to 53 percent of the cost.
- Expand your kitchen: It doesn’t matter if you’re a master chef or have trouble cooking eggs, we can all use a bigger and better kitchen. Even the smallest kitchen upgrades make it easier to cook while boosting the resale value of your home.
- Add on to a bathroom: When it comes to home improvement in Litchfield County, CT, it’s hard to top expanding an existing bathroom or adding a new one. Bathroom renovations have an ROI of about 62 percent and can make your life a whole lot easier.
- Incorporate a mudroom: Shoes, backpacks, bags and coats create a lot of clutter across your home. You can put an end to all of that by adding a mudroom with plenty of storage. Better yet, a simple mudroom may cost as little as $400, although more expansive additions will of course cost more.
- Build a sunroom: If you already have a front porch, make the most out of it by enclosing it and turning it into a sunroom. As long as its properly heated and insulated, you can enjoy your sunroom 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Expand your back patio: You surely don’t spend all of your time indoors, especially on warm summer days. Make the most out of your backyard by expanding your patio! Consider adding things like a fire pit or outdoor kitchen to really enhance your outdoor living space.
Be sure to hire the right professionals for home improvement in Litchfield County, CT! At Green View Building & Design Company, Inc., we offer a wide range of home renovation and addition services that can totally transform your home for the better. Call us today to get a quote!
Categorised in: Home Improvement