Home seasonal preparation in Litchfield County, CT is an important tool that you can use to keep your home warm and comfortable, even when the weather turns nasty with the arrival of the cool, wet fall season.
It’s important to address a few basic maintenance tasks with your home before the cold weather settles in. It’s always easier to deal with problems and potential issues when the weather is milder and you don’t have to worry about cold air and precipitation intruding into your living space.
Here are just some of the key things that you can do as part of your home seasonal preparation in Litchfield County, CT:
- Weatherproof windows and doors: One of the first things that you should take care of is weatherproofing your home’s windows and doors. Take a few moments to look at the caulking, glazing and seals around your entry points. If they’re looking like they could use some attention, do it now, before the weather turns sour.
- Invest in chimney and flue cleaning: If you don’t take the time to clean your home’s chimney and flue in the late summer, you’re probably going to have to do it in the fall or winter. If you rely on your fireplace for heat, this could leave you without a source of heat for a day or two while you wait for service.
- Grade and finish driveways and walkways: Take the time to re-grade any gravel driveways or walkways leading up to your home before the snow and ice set in. If you have concrete driveways or sidewalks by your home, fill any cracks before the expansion of ice makes them more significant.
- Service your heater: Always invest in heater service before wintertime descends. If you’re going into the winter season without a serviced heater, there’s a chance that it could experience problems once you put a full load on it.
- Address loose or damaged external wiring: Take a walk around your home and look for any utility wiring that looks loose or damaged. Ice could make these lines heavier and cause them to fall and fail. It’s better to address these problems now, before they become more significant.
- Stock up on fuel: You should keep a lot of fuel on hand at your home, especially if you rely on a wood-burning fire stove for warmth. Make sure that you have enough pellets, logs or bricks to last at least a week if this is your primary source of heat.
For 30 years, Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. has been a premier contractor assisting homeowners as they work on home seasonal preparation in Litchfield County, CT. We offer a full menu of home building, home remodeling and home restoration services. Whether you’re simply hoping to make a few quick improvements before the dead of winter sets in or you’re getting ready for a full-scale remodel of your living space, Green View Building & Design Company, Inc. possesses the skill and expertise necessary to take your home to the next level. Get in touch with us to learn more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Seasonal Preparation